Deano's Rail Fan Pics: ENGINES
Russ, your talking about UP's famous shop built SW10's Thumbsup , no i havent seen any up here, but i would love it if there was one here :mrgreen: . I have been wanting to kitbash one for years, but to many projects keep getting piled on ahead of it. I am not even sure if any are around anymore, i have seen pics of them out west in the past.

upnick Wrote:Hi Deano,

Awesome pics Thumbsup forgive my ignorence but what is the box on the loco side for in the first pic after the C of U.P. ?
Nick, there are NO ignorant questions Wink , i would be happy to answer yours :mrgreen: , the box your talking about are on the MP15DC's , they are the front sand box's Thumbsup (note the filler caps at the top of them)

Gus, Russ is 110% CORRECT! Thumbsup , honestly i never knew what those engines were or how they worked until last weekend when doctorwayne explained it to me while we were at the IRM Wink .

THANKS for the interest and questions folks! :mrgreen:

EDIT: I just came back from dropping my son off at the airport, on the way back i scouted the S.Beloit UP & ICE yards, if i can get the motivation to get off my duff tomorrow i'll have some NEW shots to add to this thread :mrgreen: ...if not, well, i'll add some more older shots Misngth .
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread