Deano's Rail Fan Pics: ENGINES
Trucklover Wrote:The link i posted above was for the UP units, guess they are SD40-2's, B23-7's, B36-7's and B30-7's inside and re-built to RP20CD's and RP20BD's for UP

I found the 2 units that the M&ET has, there RP20BD's i guess is what there calling them lol http://www.trainweb.org/gensets/railpower/met/2000.html There saying that the 2 M&ET units were originally GP10's and re-built to RP20BD's from the GP10's? On M&ET's web site, it mentions the newly acquired road switchers, and says they have 2000 horsepower each, if thats true, did a GP10 have 2000 horsepower or did they have to add a lot of horses in the new re-built RP20BD's? Misngth

The new "green" units have no technical similarities with the old units that were rebuilt into them. Only a few major components are reused like the frame and trucks. Everything from the frame up is a brand new locomotive. There is no correlation between the power rating of the donor units and the new "green" units because the new units are basically new locomotives with a few recycled parts. The new "Locomotive" special edition of Trains explains this a lot better than I can from memory.

Messages In This Thread