When I'm gone ...
Well, all I have to say is I pity the poor fool who has to take down my layout. I glued and used a lot of screws on all of the joints and deck work. Misngth

Seriously, it comes apart in four 8 foot sections. I also made it possible to remove the deck from shelves underneath it. I made it so that track work wise, there is no turnouts or other bits of important track work over these joints, the only thing I did not do was cut gaps in the rail at the joints. A task that could easily be accomplished using a hobby saw and a straight edge for a clean cut. Electrically I've thought about this as well. I used trailer plug connections for the main and accessory buss lines a la Free-Mo style at each of the joints so that they can be unplugged and reconnected easily. I've never tried it but I imagine the whole layout could be dismantled and be ready to move in about an hour.

I've shown my wife this. One day she asked me what I would do if we decided to move to a new house one day. So I point these features out. I just hope she remembers this if I'm not around to show her. Confusedhock:

At this point in time I don't have any really expensive loco pieces or rolling stock. All my "money" is invested in the track work components, ( stationary decoders, frog juicers, NCE Power Pro etc...).

Messages In This Thread