Bridge at South Wayside
I couldn;t find a decent dropper bottle - someone said they had them at Michael's but all I found there was the misting sprayer I use for the initial alcohol application. And the stors don't have ketchup and mustard squeeze bottles in winter around here, so I ended up buying a small bottle of mustard that came with a twist spount, like a glue bottle only much smaller. Poured the mustard out into the already open container at home, washed it out, and it is my glue/alcohol applicator - fairly small drops if you just barely open it. I think a ketchup dispenser, the kind that leaves just a very thin line no matter how hard you squeeze, would eb even better, but this works to keep the glue dripping on without creating a flood - just don;t twist the cap while gluing 357 Anotehr trick I saw elsewhere, first pass I go down the inside of the rail and really flood it - a lot of that wicks out to the shoulder so when I make the third and fourth passes along the outside there's already a good bit of glue mixture saturating the shoulder so it doesn't wash out as easily.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread