P5se Camelback’s EOY Challenge
O.K.!

Problem solved ... History Preserved!

"P5se Camelback's EOY Challenge" entry officially withdrawn.

Modeling time considered well-spent, new things tried, new things learned,
a new awareness of the hobby's history embraced,
potentially rare piece of history saved to be restored, unmodified
(except for the addition of Kadee couplers.)

George D. Stock being researched as a Model Railroad Pioneer.

All of that said, I have not given up on the Reading Company's Scale Test Car #91210! Not in the least! This morning, playing my EBay bidding strategy to its most brilliant execution, I scored a Walthers Scale Test Car (Santa Fe) kit, original list $8.98, for a whopping $6.50 with three seconds to go in the auction! Ha HAH! (I've been disappointed like that more than a couple times ... turnabout is fair play!)

The Walthers kit, having no real historical significance, will be modified as much as is necessary to accomplish the modeling of the Reading Company's Scale Test Car #91210. I will document the build with photos in true Big Blue fashion! Besides, after all that has happened in this E.O.Y. Challenge, and not finishing a Big Blue 2010 Challenge "in time" for the second time in a row, I feel obligated to take something from start to finish with the appropriate photo documentation!!

The George D. Stock kit will be restored to original contours (the filled in corner steps will be dug out and restored) and it will be detailed, painted and decaled as a Pennsy "Scale Weight Car," as they apparently called them. I do need a little bit more info about the kit to do the job, but there are a couple people on the "Pennsylvania Railroad Technical and Historical Society's Discussion Web" who are helping me out with that and this morning (just now, as we speak, actually) one of them came through with a source for decals for this exact piece of rolling stock! I won't even have to piece decals together! Woo Hoo!

I'm a happy guy!

I get to keep my history and modify it too!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread