Photo Posting Clarification Needed
Yeah, this is the internet, Unless you specifically guard your photos, its implied that it is out there for use. The laws are lax on the internet because you can't really control the internet. People more in tune with the internet call it "anonymous", the overall collective personality of the internet. (When you hear the news call "anonymous" a hacker group, they are actually missing the point).

The majority of the internet doesn't care about image tags, and only because this forum is full of the more polite and respectful variety of internet types is this even a question. Not saying things are right or wrong, but to many people post things all over the place using image tags, and there is no way to truly enforce it legitimately, and if anyone tried they'd be wasting their time.

As long as you say where you found the image (for example, i found such and such on the Conrail cyclopedia, or RRpicturearchives), you should be just fine. As nice as permission is, once its on the internet, its out there.

Imagaine i'm trying to ask permission from the person who didn't originally take the photo. they say sure, but it wasn't there photo, but i don't know that. this isn't even counting that it can possibly be more than an inconvenience to find the "real" owner of a photo.

Bottom line, use photo places like FlickR or something to keep you pictures owned by you. you can't easily save photos from sites like that, since they way it posts prevents most ways of saving or sharing the photo.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread