What's under the tree?
FCIN Wrote:
tetters Wrote:I don't ask for anything because I tend to be very particular about the things I want.
Same here. But my very understanding wife will always ask "If there's something you want or need for the model railroad - order it!". Haven't done that this year as I'm trying to stop buying things on impulse for a while! Need to wait and see if there is something I really need first.

Years ago, I told the wife, family and friends, to please not buy me model railroad or railroad related items for Christmas. After getting a dozen train clocks and things like Atlas water tower or station kits that I had absolutely no use for I felt I was doing everyone a favor.

Christmas for me is really about the family.

Merry Christmas All!

Yeah, when i started out, i would get things like that. I have a weird mini-GG1 thing that was some sort of Lionel collectible, a Lionel desk light that has a NYC Hudson without a tender (by design of the lamp, not because it was missing), not to mention a ton of cheap Model power rail cars. I also got a train clock Icon_lol

Lately though, some of my family have asked for part numbers, and they've actually figured out some things like Acela coached and such.

These days though, i just tell people exactly what i want, and if they can't find it, thats OK.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread