Wrong order shipped :(
EDIT: Thought I should update this on the first post, for anyone just coming upon this thread and not wanting to read the entire thing. The shop, railroad depot hobbies, quickly corrected the issue and I am a happy camper. I'll use them again, knowing that they will make things right if there is an issue.

Well, I ordered, among other things, one dozen Athearn BB #1624 undecorated reefers from an internet shop called Railroad Depot Hobbies. Shipping time was good, I received the order in 9 days, considering this is Christmas time, not bad.

The Athearn 1624 is a non-outside-braced reefer that I will use to model the SLC reeefers from the Mountain King Potato factory. Only problem is, Railroad Depot Hobbies sent me Athearn BB #1631 which is the undecorated outside braced reefer. Darn it. It is right there on the order form, #1624, not 1631!

Crud. I hate it when stuff like this happens. I sent them an email with photos of the boxes and numbers, and I'll call them first thing in the morning to see what the remedy will be. So, the verdict is out right now. They filled the order in decent time, and everything else was correct, although the shipping was a bit steep. I was willing to pay it though, because I really want those Athearn 1624s. I'll let everyone know how they do on this, just to keep in mind when ordering in the future.

Messages In This Thread