your railroad related presents
I didn't have any model railroad items on my wish list at all for Christmas this year, but this morning, the wife hands me a box and when I opened it, I almost went into cardiac arrest! Inside the box were 6 Atlas 25,500 gal Trinity tank cars with IBPX and PLMX marks and all different numbers!

Seems that last week when she was down here in my Man Cave (reminding me for the hundredth time that I need to clean up this mess and get to working on the new layout) she got to admiring a couple of my corn syrup tank cars and remarked how much she liked them. She wanted to know what would be hauled in them, etc. and after a brief discussion about them, I mentioned that one day, I'd like to add a few more tank cars to the collection, but larger ones suitable for a different commodity and showed her some examples of the types I'd like to get.

So when she and her sister went shopping this week, she stopped by the LHS - asked the man if he had any modern HO tank cars and he helped her find these which were all he had left and she bought the whole lot! Couldn't have been more perfect and now gives me yet another interesting industry to put on the proposed ISL.

This is the first time she's ever purchased any model railroad items for me on her own and she sure hit the jack pot! In the past, it's always been: "If there's something you want for Christmas or your birthday for your model railroad - order it...".

Talk about a nice Christmas!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread