AEM7-AC electric
Well, this locomotive project has been sitting on my shelf stairing me in the face (it's shelf is at eye level) for a few months now. The "right hand" air filter box still needs to be "finished", though it will be trickier since the "center strip" you can see above needs to mesh with the round raised area on the shell. Its a weird little angle that is difficult to see in photographs, but its there. then i can add the screening details, which will consist of painting the insides a dark, grimy black, followed by brass mesh screening with styrene strips glued to it to represent the "frames" on the side, receiving a lighter grime coating.

You can see in the photo below that the supports are inside the filter boxes. the boxes themselves were initially metallic, but have dulled down with weathering.

[Image: pictures%5C47765%5C1669.jpg]

I've also been having trouble finding good ditch light castings. I figure before i do any major surgery, i want to make sure i have the right castings for the job. they look like regular ditchlights but recessed into housings in the face of the engine. At the very least, it would be good to know if i need to drill the hole wider to accommodate the casting.

[Image: pictures%5C51483%5CPICT4267-091608_1.jpg]

Hopefully, i can get back to this project (and that GP40FH-2) very soon. This week is my finals week, and i just have a few heavy duty assignments to complete, and then i'm free for the summer.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread