Changing my Password
I have been around compiuters since we used a "terminal to talk to the Sperry 1100 mainframe in a climate controlled room down the hall.

Then, one day, we got a "Personal Computer." It had an 8080 chip, a single 360kB 5 1/4" floppy drive (so much kooler than those big 10" floppies that we used at the "1100 Terminal." You had to format floppies before you could use them. Hard drive? What's that? You had to load the word processor program from a 360kB floppy and then save your weekly report to a different one. If you wanted to do something special, like figure model railroad grade percentages, you had to write a program to do that using BASIC.

I have taken every precaution. My passwords all use caps, lower case, numbers and symbols and are at least 11 characters long. I normally have no problems with passwords.

My Norton internet Security cleans out my cache, my cookies and my history every morning when I boot up. I never use "remember me," and in order to access my Norton Internet Security Program, you need a 12 character password that uses all of the characters listed above. Between what my job was in the Army and my time working as a Product Designer in major computer companies, I am very security conscious!

I'll just have to keep trying to make it work until it does work. It's curious, though, that I can sign in every day for a week with that password that is included in my "Forgot My Password" email reply, but I can change it, sign out, and immediately try to sign back in and ... it ain't happ'nin'!

But I'll keep on pluggin' ... I don't give up without a fight!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread