Proto 2K 2-8-8-2
Well after many, many years I have revived this thread...Work is well under way to get the drivers turning.
But first I have no idea what happened to my pics in this thread. Where the first one came from is a mystery to me. So here are the original pics missing from it. They show the work that was done up until today. They were all failed attempts to get her running, either the motor or flywheels were too large, or some other problem that kept her from going together.

But now..... I have located the a motor the right size to fit inside the boiler weight. I did have to drill out the P2K fly wheels to fit the new motor shafts and solder on new leads to get power from the PC board to the motor.

I was unable to use the same attachment point for the top half of the boiler. The section of the weight where it normally attached was removed to fit a new motor. A new hole was drilled and taped for a 2-56 screw inside the smokestack to do the same job. I can lift it from the boiler with out any worry of it coming apart.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread