Rico Redux - Kitbashing a Klassik Station
Has it really been a year? I fully intended to continue this thread back then but life has a way of throwing curve balls (and sliders, gutters, fast balls, etc.) Oh well. Better late than never!

Here are two images of cut walls. What you see is how I cut away the bits I didn't use.

[albumimg]4256[/albumimg]

[albumimg]4257[/albumimg]

This next shot is how I trimmed the former dormers into the end wall peaks. Keep in mind the end walls of my station are a few scale feet narrower than the original kit walls, so these cuts were primarily to accommodate that change as well as the roof changes. Geometry comes in handy here, as well as a nice 90 deg. rule. Just find the mid point line, lay the angle on the line, then make sure the distances down each leg are the same. This will ensure the angles are all equivalent where they need to be. If the roof pitch had been something other than 45 degrees I'd have had a trickier time.

[albumimg]4258[/albumimg]

And finally, an image of the passenger station walls and windows/doors dry-fit.

[albumimg]4259[/albumimg]

Of course the front bay is missing and the peaks have yet to be glued on. I made sure the peaks and end walls met at a clapboard line in order to hide the joint.

Up next...bringing the walls together and mending the roof.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread