Scratchbuilding Advice
Well, thanks for the compliment in your original post. I'd say you already have some terrific advice. Ditto to the cardboard mockup, and to asking the right questions about compression. I'll add to that; ask if the details could be altered or substituted, like the number of window panes, siding type, etc.

I'll disagree on one point - a NWSL chopper is a valuable tool. (The naysayers are just jealous, or masochists, or both.) Tongue Invest in good tools - they can make the difference between fun and frustration or burnout. The perceived ideal of some guy sitting at the kitchen table scratchbuilding with only a single edge razor blade and a pair of tweezers is a rose-colored vision of the past. Don't be afraid to embrace new tools, even 'specialized' ones, if it makes the job easier or more fun (or less of a chore).

Are there any questions you have that weren't answered by the great suggestions above? (not that I'd have the answers, but who knows?) You've got a great prototype! What a cool model that will be!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread