Scratchbuilding Advice
Thanks for all the replies,guys I knew you would all come through. Sorry for the delay in responding, it was back to the dive shop after being snowed and iced in for the last few days. Weather dudes say more coming Wed night....is this Dallas or Denver??

I will try all suggestions starting with taking a lot of time working up drawings. Allan is supposed to give me a CD with many pictures from all angles he took himself several years ago before the place started falling down. He should have enough to get somewhat an accurate rendering.

I will mock-up with cardboard. Plan to use the Grandt Line windows and doors, close enough and safer than making my own windows. I like Galen's and biL's ideas of using some screen material. I plan to do this in wood, mostly because I like working w/wood better than styrene, especially when gluing. My lungs don't really care for plastic glue. I do have a lot of latitude with accuracy, but I will attempt to be as true to the pictures as I can.

Besides a lot of #11's for the knife, I will buy some sort of chopper to make the cuts easier and straighter. Best part of the whole deal is Allan has an account at the LHS and I can charge all materials!!! 2285_

Thanks again for the advice, PLEASE keep it coming, I need all the help I can get. I will post pics of all progress starting with the drawings as soon as I get started....
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread