Scratchbuilding Advice
scubadude Wrote:Damn, you guys are gonna make me a rivet counter sooner or later......good stuff.... Thumbsup

My view of rivet counting, is this : Essential in planning and construction. Petty, and demeaning as a comment about someone's work.
"Galen, didn't you bring up something on another thread sometime ago about our mind expecting to see something that we shouldn't see if it were in scale?"
There were a number of comments on that point in a thread about, I believe, using photos for backdrop buildings. I remarked about our minds expecting to "see" texture, at the same distance as the scale distance at which we view our models.

Just for the record on wood vs plastic. I have found that for smaller scale ship/boat models, styrene makes far better and stronger blocks and deadeyes, than any of even the finest grain woods..........at least, that is my experience.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread