Scratchbuilding Advice
Thought I would resurrect this thread to update the progress on the Wonderland Hotel. Hard to believe it's been almost 2 years since I started this thing....The majority of that time was spent on research, a fun but time consuming part of the process. After exhausting multiple resources, it was becoming apparent there just wasn't much in the way of pictures of this century old complex. It had gone through so many restorations and additions, it was difficult to actually see any usable pictures. The ones Allan gave me were a compilation of several buildings, not just the main hotel. Allan didn't tell me that, and there was little evidence to suggest otherwise.....

THEN a miracle happened.....I stumbled across some drawings from the Library of Congress and was finally able to figure out the layout of the hotel complex. My original guesstimations were only 3' short! So, here is where I am at this moment....the main building is made from wood, using strip wood from Hobby Lobby and stock wood from Northeastern Scale Models (?) and doors and windows from Grandt Line and the junk box. The hotel is framed and painted and now I'm working on the roof/shingles and the porch and gazebos on either end....

Only a couple of weeks till the train show, so back to work I go.....

Attached Files Image(s)

Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread