My "Southern Rwy & Graham County RR" layout
Hello again on this layout,

i finished the fiddle yard today. It's a short 100x27cm module with a 70cm long train traverser with 4 tracks. the yard features 6 spurs to park engines and cabooses as also a on-railer to get cars on to the tracks very easy and fast (the yellow area).

[Image: Fiddle_5i.jpg]

To get the traverser locked secure in each position, I installed a mechanism, operated by a push button inside the side sills of the module. By pusing the button, the lever will turn a 8mm brass rod, connected to a second lever below the traverser. This second lever operates two bolts that will fit into notches, milled to an aluminum channel. These channels are mounted on the traverser. Springs are used to hold the whole mechanism in closed position.

[Image: Fiddle_3i.jpg] [Image: Fiddle_2i.jpg]

Now I was able to set up the first operation session with my modules at home. I had a sharp 90° emergency corner on hand to set up a L-shaped layout. Here are some photos. Next I've to continue with the vegetation and landscape. I just added a new structure and some vehicles. The trees are just placed for the photo. I'll determine their final position tomorrow and plant them.

[Image: Bild_3i.jpg] [Image: Bild_5i.jpg] [Image: Bild_4i.jpg]

The photo quality is not so good as there's bad light in this room... But I can lock the door and keep my little cats away from the model trains ;-)

That's all for now. Maybe I'll have new photos during the next days...

Cheers, Gerd

Messages In This Thread