Freelance 2011
Hi Reinhard.

Glad to hear that you've had some early results with the '3 way'; I'm sure that any faults would have been immediately apparent.

Not sure whether I'm qualified to advise with your query regarding keeping or scrapping the right hand side feed to line #6 from #5, but either/or looks fine to me: keeping it means that you keep the extra runround facility intact, and with goods yards/marshalling yards, you can't have enough of them Wink

Scrapping it makes operation a little more interesting as the loco will have to switch ends depending whether you're switching the sidings to the left or right hand side, which means an extra visit to the remaining runround loop on this side. Only concern here is whether the extra 'moves' would be considered prototypical as time is money, so perhaps there's a case for keeping it afterall. Incidentally, the truncated line between numbers 5 and 6 will form what is known in the UK as a 'head shunt' (think I'm right in saying this :?: ).

Finally, If I might be so bold to suggest, Reinhard, and it's only my humble opinion (bearing in mind I still don't really know what I'm talking about Nope ) that the 'kick back' siding #10 could be considered unprototypical again due to the extra time involved in switching it. Perhaps it should face in the same directions as either groups 7 - 9 or 11 - 13 inclusive? Having said that, there's a prototype for everything.....................

Jonte

Messages In This Thread