The Shifter
Hey thanks, MW! Big Grin I took my time and filed away the detail with needle files, cleaning them regularly, and stopping to check the work. That is, refreshing the coffee or other beverage, making the coffee deposit, etc. so that I could get up and stretch my legs then return and hopefully get a refreshed perspective. Taking pictures for posting in the YBT group also brought out detail (or lack thereof) I may not have seen.

As for the drivers, well, I would love to have them plated! However, I didn't set aside the funds for that at the time and may not venture into that work until after the rest of the detailing is completed (and probably before painting...we'll see). This project has already taken a few years (you're still looking at pics from '06 at this point) and I'm not sure I want to drag it out more than I already am...we'll see.

Valve gear is fun. Yep, there, I said it. 35 Now, I may rue the day I tried it, but I am contemplating adding a few other bits to the valve gear in order to simulate the reverse gear to power reverse linkage. This will involve drilling a couple holes and fabricating a few tiny parts. It may not be that bad but it may be my undoing! But then, I'm once again getting ahead of myself.

More to come!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread