Hydrochloric Acid Spill
MountainMan Wrote:I appreciate your response. Turns out a "settlement team" from BNSF is now in Monument taking claims from those evacuated, and I think personally that BNSF is afraid of public opinion should the amount and frequency of these shipments become public knowledge. BNSF has o useful alternate route other than through Monument, and if adverse public opinion forced them to stop moving hazardous shipments...

All railroads want to have as much public support (or at least public complacency) as they can get, but rarely do they alter routes due to public support. By and large, most class 1 RR's are very safe. Accidents happen. I know that is of little consequence when it does happen. I guess Sir Topem Hat was not around to oversee things on the railway when that occurred.
I am not making jokes because I don't see this as anything but serious. Call it Gallow's Humor. Nor am I siding with BNSF. I have seen communities take on the rr and get nothing done. I have also seen communities win, at least in a compromise.
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.

Messages In This Thread