boy, am I steamed!!!...
sgtcarl1 Wrote:My internet provider is Suddenlink. So my e-mail address is @suddenlink.net. I would switch to a different e-mail handler, but wouldn't I have to use another e-mail address?

Yes, you would.

But you can e.g. try changing your email client (e.g. downloading Mozilla Thunderbird from http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/) and see if you can send email through your email provider using a different client. Most modern email clients will do stuff like importing your old address book and provider setup etc from your old email client.

That would take Microsoft out of the loop, and simplify your problem to one between you and your ISP/email provider, if the problem still persists using another email client.

sgtcarl1 Wrote:The error message appears in a pop-up window as soon as try to send it. I have no problems receiving e-mail. I have re-checked the e-mail settings so many times , I can't count that high. Suddenlink can't find the problem, either. All advice is greatly appreciated, and I am considering all options suggested.

Have you made any recent changes to your computer - new version of anti-virus software, updated version or OE or anything like that?

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread