Women and model trains
My wife shows zero interest in trains but tolerates, and even promotes, my interest. I don't think she'd ever buy me a train related item, but she does enjoy going on trips to tourist railroads. One of our regular excursions is to go check out the Strasburg Railroad 2 or 3 times a year. I really enjoy the SRR and RR Museum of Pa, probably because of the heavy PRR theme of the area. She actually wants to go back more often.
When I drew up plans for the addition on the house I came to the realization that there was absolutely no way to fit a garage into the plan. It was a single story addition, and I thought maybe I could get one more room into the plan for a layout room. It barely took any convincing, she agreed, and I ended up making the entire addition 2 stories, with a 10x19 workout room and a 19x19 layout room upstairs. Only added $5000 or less to the total cost of the addition. She has been very supportive, one day I showed her some drawings of layout plans and she said "But that plan will take up the whole room" and I was like... "um, yeah, that is what that room is for!!" She convinced me to make the layout smaller so she could put a table and chair in there for her to sit at and read while I was "playing with my trains". LOL.
-Dave

Messages In This Thread