To Many Projects!
I remember when I first started out in this hobby, I was only a teenager, and one of my earliest experiences was at the place of a family friend who had a reasonable layout. One thing he did show me was his STOCKPILES of projects. Indeed, every drawer, box, and cabinent had multiple kits, structures, rolling stock, you name it, in various states of construction or restoration.

I said to myself "Well, i'm not gonna let all this stuff pile on me like that! One kit at a time!"

Fast forward to now, and i'm wondering what happened to the teen me! I've got SO many projects that I literally do not know what to do with all of them. Some I started ages ago (indeed, they would have been better EOY challenges if i remembered them)!

I think the worst part is that when I attempt to stick to a project, I get "Model Railroad Attention Deficit Disorder" and suddenly change gears to some other project. Its a wonder ANYTHING gets done on my layout!

I'm posting this thread for myself, as well as others, to take stock in what projects are sitting on the benches, and which ones

Right now, either on my work bench or sitting waiting to be finished

2 PRR MP54 MU car kits (nice Funaro & Camerlengo ones)
PATCO Married Pair MU cars,
SEVERAL Arrow III MU cars
a Silverliner III MU car
Amtrak E60CH # 968
2 NJ Transit ALP46 electrics (one is just a shell, the other is almost done)
Smokey Vally GP15-1s
the "EOY" GP40FH-2 now needs more work, and it doesn't look perfect to start with!
Conrail C32-8 (never finished the underbody detail or Decoderized it!)
"restore and super detail" bachmann Metroliner MU cars.
Stemman Pantographs for the Arrow IIIs and Metroliners

Several Blue-box Reefers and Hoppers,
a Front Range Chessie hopper kit
Metroliner Cab car conversion

Rebuilding my track (so that i can build my catenary)
Walthers Modern Gas Station
a HUGE Suydam Roundhouse (its a used metal round house half soldered together!)

There is plenty more, but these are the ones i could think of in 5 minutes.

What sitting on your shelf?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread