Anyone ordering the MR DVD?
I'll be getting it. Free up a TON of shelf space in my train room.

It's a total steal, like $2.67/yr - and most of the older ones are long unavailable. Sure some of the really old material is hopelessly out of date, but who doesn't want to read about the guy with the outdoor live overhead electric railroad - with 110V in the wires! A couple of years ago I picked up complete year 1943, and the ads fromt he various manufacturers alone about the contributiosn to the war effort were worth the price to me - it didn;t cost me that much, actually. Those early issues fromt he 30's were the formative years of the hobby as an organize activity rather than a few 'eccentrics' playing with trains, and will make for some interesting reading.
I also want to get Classic Trains, as there are some issues I've missed that have stuff of interest in them. I'm on the fence for the Trains, in the early years it wasn't just about trains and railroads, remember the magazine title was Trains and Travel. There are issues from the 60's and 70's that I know had articles and specials of interest, but they are harder to find individually then MR at least at most train shows I go to., so the DVD set may still be my best bet.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread