Anyone ordering the MR DVD?
Quote:I think that I just convinced myself of the value of getting the DVD.
Just as long as no one scratches the DVD.

I brought this DVD to the attenion of my wife. We moved 7 times in the first 7 years of marriage, and my magazines have moved with us. This DVD would cut my collection in half, at least, and the TRAINS DVD would reduce it by another third or so. If Carstens comes out with Railfan/Railroad and RMC DVDs then it would be nearly gone. The remainder are Model Trains and a few dozen issues of other assorted publications. We've been in our current home a little over 2 years now and plan to be here at least 5-10 years more so moving isn't an issue right away, thank goodness.

You raise a good point - as long as the DVD is safe then so is your collection. There's something reassuring about having a hard copy, as long as it is stored well. First order of business after receiving the DVD - create a backup!

And lastly, it is $200. I know this is easy for some. As has been said, it's the cost of a nice locomotive or two. But it's also 10 months of my hobby stipend. Could I make do on reserved projects for a year? I could write another article or two and pay for it, but the point is, even if it's a bargain per issue it's still a chunk 'o change for somebody on my budget. THAT SAID - it's hard to put a value on the true worth of the content of 75 years worth of modeling advice and examples.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread