Alternative to the NMRA Master Model Railroader?
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I don't understand what the problem is with helping people in this manner. So much for "teaching".

I keep the tag line in my signature, as a reminder that my advice only has value, when it is asked for, so the following, may have no value at all.

"Teaching", is sometimes more a case of asking the right questions, than of illuminating the mistakes, and offering a way to find the answers.
( Will the engine you want to use be able to get through that curve ? You can test it with a piece of flex track, to see just how tight a curve it can handle. )
The way I do something, is the right way for me. If you try it and it doesn't work for you, try something else. If it does work, you're welcome.

I also keep it to remind me that mistakes should be " learning adventures ", and to help me remember my Father's favorite "Dad-ism".
"To err is Human -- to make the same mistake twice, is criminal folly".
( and, yes, I have had to plead guilty to "criminal folly" ) :oops:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread