Red Neck Motor Home
I have this plastic chair. Perhaps you noticed it in other pix in this thread. I didn't like it. All wrong for this project.

I had thought about building a chair as though it were made out of raw tree limbs, as some folks do, having a very rustic look about it. But my problem is I don't have a ready supply of the right sticks to do the job.

Next best thing, I think, is an Adirondack type chair. I found some plans on the Web and shrunk them down to the right size, printed them out and spent the better part of last night gluing it together. So here it is.

I like that pic, but it isn't very clear. So here are some better pix.

The chair is a paper sculpture made from laminating 3 pieces of paper together with a glue stick. The top piece having the pattern printed on it of course. Then cut out the parts with an Exacto knife. I found the laminated paper easy to cut, cheaper than styrene and glued up easy with white glue. The slats on the seat are cut from only one sheet of paper. The chair glued together a little off square, but while the paint was drying and the chair was soft, I nudged it in to square, or close to it.

I have a Dude, LPB who had a lousy paint job. I stripped it with brake fluid and just had to repaint him for this photo shoot. I painted him with Acrylic paint and I am not happy with the results. The paint is soft and scrapes off easily and it builds up too thick. So he is destined for the BF bath again for another try. He is the first LPB I ever painted.

Come on Dude. Have a seat.

If we ask him nicely, Dude will rip us a new one with his rendition of "Foggy Mountain Brake Down"

Clowning around with trains.

[Image: BusterA.jpg]

Messages In This Thread