Basic Dimensions for 'Shoe Box' and 'Tilt-up' Factories etc
Just to avoid any confusion, the Pike Stuff buildings are models of steel structures like a "Butler"building that are a popular form of construction for medium sized industrial buildings. Tilt up construction is so called because the walls are all cast concrete that are made in place flat on the ground or made off site and transported tot he building site and then "tilted up" by a crane and locked in place with steel beams and bolts to form the building. Typically they are larger than the steel "Butler" building type. I have gone to job sites to work on refrigerated trailers where the warehouse was 100 yards wide and I'm not sure of its length, but it would have over 200 loading doors on each side for trailer parking. I have not been there, but in the "Extreme Trains" program on the produce train running out of the Northwest to the East Coast, they had a pair of warehouse made of tilt up concrete construction that were big enough to allow a 100 car freight train to drive into the side of the warehouse and close doors on either end to keep the entire warehouse as well as the tracks in a climate controlled space!

Messages In This Thread