Cool thread showing scratch/bash techniques
Both cool and depressing! Post WWII Kingman (now Davis Montham, i think), AFB.

One interesting thing that the thread brought to mind after seeing the models of "scrapped" B24 Liberators...

B24 Liberators were the most numerously produced American Aircraft (and perhaps in world wide?) of WWII. Now, there are only a handful around, with two flying that I know of (Diamond Lil and Witchcraft/All American). Meanwhile, B17s managed to snag all the glory, being one of the more iconic aircraft of WWII.

When you think about it, B24s made up a large percentage of planes in Europe, and until the B29 showed up, B24s pretty much were the only strategic bombers in the pacific, as B17s weren't well suited for the pacific war (there was only ever a small handful of B17s in the pacific theater and then only in the early stages of the war).

Though they are just models (and better yet, resin copies so that original models aren't being destroyed), Its still makes you feel bad, since they are machines meant to fly and their numbers have come up. Still, its awesome to see someone include aircraft on a model railroad layout. I had started out modeling airplanes before i came to trains, and for a while, I've tried to find HO aircraft, but there hasn't been much in the way that has grabbed my attention.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread