Nantahala Midland V 3.0
My two cents?
That which is built by Man, can be modeled by Man. A collection of repetitive details, assembled to create a recognizable structure. Time consuming? Absolutely! Requiring skill and patience? absolutely! Creative? Yes, but, in reality just copying what Man has already done.
That which is built by "Nature", can be replicated in miniature, but isn't as "cut and dried" as a freight car, Bridge, or Ball Park. Capturing the "randomness" of a natural scene takes a completely different set of skills.
There are two different kinds of painters. One applies color to a structure, or wall. The other, tells a story, or records the "mood" of a place, in color, on canvass. One is a "painter" the other is an "artist".

The Ballpark is impressive, mainly because of the massive number of "identical pieces" that have to be made, and assembled, and the need for each to actually be "identical".
In the end, two completely different disciplines, that really are not comparable, though, equally noteworthy.
Building a " scenic layout " takes a combination of both.
I have seen the area you're modeling, and you have captured the "feel" of it extremely well !
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread