Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Tyson Rayles Wrote:On a side note when I first poured the pond I used gloss medium but it had too many ripples when it dried so I poured a layer of WS's realisitic water over that but it did't hide it all. After I had painted the bottom of the pond I went over it with chalks to blend in the colors. Turns out gloss medium and WS's realwater don't bond to chalk so I was able to pop the "water" right out of the pond without damage to the scenery base! 2285_ I then repoured with the WS's realwater. Another note is that either product and every other product I've ever used to do water "creeps" up the scenery so this time Thumbsup I poured the water and let it cure then added the bushes, dead tree and what have you and have no unsightly "creep" to contend with.

That's a good looking pond, Thumbsup the only thing missing is a few cow patties. 357 I bought a couple of cans of two-part casting cement to use if and when I needed water. Two years later when I needed it, I found that this stuff will harden in the can even when it's sealed. :o The pond was small, so I wound up using some two-part clear epoxy since the nearest LHS is a 15 mile drive from my house and Ace Hardware is just down the street. When it dried, it left some natural ripples, which was good, Smile but like you, I did get some of that creep that I had to deal with afterwards. Sad
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread