Passenger locomotives
Wow! Nice stuff everyone! I'll humbly add my contributions. There isn't much passenger service on the Kings Port Division. This Proto 1000 RDC takes care of most of it for commuter runs. I put a couple of PC logos on it a while ago but am thinking of making it a KP&W unit....maybe just with an orange stripe and the company name. The real PC RDCs had that complicated red, white, and black chevron that doesn't seem to be readily available in decal form. Besides, this Proto 1000 is an RDC-3 baggage/ post office combo and not the typical RDC-1 I most often see in photos of NYC or PC commuter runs.

[Image: IMG_2590.jpg]

The other passenger equipment was a bit of bashing fun I did to create a PC Metro FL9 using a couple of Tyco F9 shells and an Athearn SD9 frame. The prototype paint scheme was actually blue and yellow but plenty of proto photos show the yellow nose and PC logo often faded to white, looking much like the model. its a dummy but I can run it in front of the powered RDC above by removing the RDC's shell and replacing it with a full size PC passenger car body. I don't really run it that often but it was fun to try making.

[Image: IMG_2589.jpg]

Messages In This Thread