Passenger locomotives
Very cool steamers! One of these days, I'm going to have to pick up a Bowser PRR E6 Atlantic type, and do the Lindbergh engine #460. As the story goes, after Charles Lindbergh made it back to the US, the news media were racing each other to publish the photos first. One company took the Airplane to New York, the other took the train. While the plane DID beat the train to New York, the photos were already being developed on the train, and so upon the arrival of the train, the photos were already ready for print, while the airplane photos were still being developed.

Unfortunately, I haven't come upon any of those kits at a time convenient to me.

I think I have one more Passenger locomotive I left out, though i figure this one is on the edge- one of Conrail's Office Car Special E8s. It started off as a Pennsy unit, before being handed off from Penn Central to Amtrak in 1971. #4020 (as well as sister #4021) are Unusual in that Conrail bought them from Amtrak in the early 80s, since all other E8s on Conrail's roster were retired by that time (except for Former Erie unit #4022).

The P2K model isn't perfect, but I got it for a good price.

[Image: earlyconrailroster81210q.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread