Two loading projects
Do you remeber to this picture - that you can find on well known "East River Terminal Railroad & Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal" website?

I had purchased the ship screw two years ago already. That what was fascinating for me are the securing of screw by four rods fixed at the wings. Very interesting as also the use of a well car.
I had to realize a modified securing because my screw was loaded on a flat car. And this is my solution. (Click on picture for an enlarged view.)

[Image: depresscenterflat_30-kk.jpg]

Additional to the rods for securing the wings (this was a must!) I fixed the mounting rack direct on frame by four bolts and I added four chains with turnbuckles for fixing the upper ends of the support. This was my idea for a secure transport of this big ship screw by the (model) train.
Still a few pictures of the small fixing parts. Eye bolts, shackles, turnbuckles, chains with hooks.

[Image: depresscenterflat_22k.jpg]

Also here - click on picture for an enlarged view.

[Image: depresscenterflat_18k.jpg]

One of four turnbuckles - small or big?

[Image: depresscenterflat_20k.jpg]

9/32" long - this is small!

[Image: depresscenterflat_19k.jpg]

However in reality it would be 2 foot long - therewith still a more big part! Or what do you think?
I'm happy with this model and I would like to say - I can't model in a yet smaller scale!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread