Louise Valley Lumber Co. - My Fn3 logging line
Hello,

I reactivated my Fn3 logging railroad and will bring her from the display shelf back into service.
At my parent's home, there are 150m+ track in the back yard and some friends around do also operate 45mm outdoor layouts.

In spring 2011, I got an used Accucraft Shay from eBay and I'm very happy with this quite little steamer. She runs fantastic. It was a open cab style engine, but I began to modify her and added a lot of details yet. During the winter time, I'll also install RC and some more details. The second locomotive is a Bachmann 38to Shay that I bought together with the three cars shown below. Actually, the Bachmann Shay is out of service due to broken gears. I' plan to replace them when the other models are done.

[Image: Accu_3i.jpg] [Image: Accu_4i.jpg] [Image: Shay_5i.jpg]
Click on thumbs to enlarge

While the live steam Shay is still in progress, I started to finish up my rolling stock. Here's the first one. It's a tool car for the track gang and black smith The car is 16' long. I added the detail stuff and interior. There's also a 16' flat car in service.

[Image: tool_1i.jpg] [Image: tool_3i.jpg] [Image: Flat_1i.jpg]

Next I'll do some finishing touches on the caboose by adding a new roof and a full interior. This is a 14' long car and will be used as caboose and crew car.

[Image: cab_vi.jpg]

Will be continued...

Bye, Gerd

Messages In This Thread