Louise Valley Lumber Co. - My Fn3 logging line
FCIN Wrote:The 6 ton Shay operated by D. H. Eastin & Son. Note the wooden rail, snow and ice and how the men are dressed. Eastin's operation was 3 miles long, 36in gauge, constructed with wooden rail and connected with the Lexington & Eastern Railway. They had a total of 8 switchbacks on their little line.

Eight switchbacks !! ------wooden rail, 36" gauge !! --- that's almost too much to resist !!! :o Confusedhock: Eek :mrgreen:

I don't think I'll include 8 switchbacks, but maybe 3, in an On30, 2' X 14' , "mini" layout. I still have three and a half module frames left from my old "sectional" layout, and it has been my intention to use them for On30.
Once my "new modules" are to or beyond the 90% completion point, I might just have to start this project.

Sitting on "portable benchwork", these are the module frames. On them right now,.. in the foreground, the 18" X 48" On3o diorama, then the 2' X 4' Ntrak Module, and at the far end a couple of "project boxes" one of which, holds seven HO reefers waiting re-numbering.

It's tempting, but ------- electricity doesn't flow well through wood rails. Wallbang :o 357 357
My one obstacle ? remembering that 14' in O scale is the equivalent of 7' ( approx. ) in HO. It won't be a whole lot of "layout". Nope Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread