who makes the better ready to run rolling stock
Stuart,

This is just my opinion, but i really like Athearn RTR, Atlas RTR, and Walthers Gold Line Rolling Stock. Of coarse you pay more for them, but these companies have really improved on the details lever over the past couple years, Atlas especially. They all come with metal wheels for better performance as well.

As for the couplers, i always just replace the ones that come on the rolling stock with KADEE #5's no-matter what coupler they come with, unless they are KADEE #5's already of coarse lol

Atlas and Athearn have really stepped up there tooling in the past 2 years and it really shows, they have amazing details on them factory installed and fully and completely RTR out of the box. Walthers Gold Line is up there too, not quite as much detail as Atlas and Athearn RTR but still VERY nice cars, and to me, these 3 companies make the best rolling stock. I have yet to get Intermountain Rolling Stock, but i hear those are very nicely detailed as well.

All of the above MFR's (Atlas, Athearn RTR, Walthers Gold Line, and Intermountain) are not cheap, but well worth it if your a detail freak lol

Just my 2 cents worth Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread