1 : 1 scale modeling
Went up to Steamtown for another work session with the F-3's. Today we concentrate on a small punch list of problems in order to get the units ready for their first excursion of the season in two weeks.The A-A set will pull a train from Steamtown in Scranton to one of Bil's old hangouts, The Dansberry depot in East Stroudsburg Pa. Next Week The ARHS crew will be testing the two A units separately and MU'ed, just to make sure there are no bugs still in the control systems.

As you can see from this pic:

[Image: 20120512092953.jpg]

They have moved us from the roundhouse, to the great outdoors just behind the shop building. Behind the A's is the B-unit that is getting a complete rewire and will be painted to match It's sister F-3's

Here you have the engineer's view looking south where some of the other restoration projects are set out.[Image: 20120512113721.jpg]

I have shown some pics of the electrical drawings before but I wanted to show you an over view of most of the drawing.[Image: 20120512135846.jpg]It's called a table print for a reason. It measures about nine feet long.

Also, back in the shop. Another crew has just finished installing the flues and smoke box on the former Baldwin shop switcher.[Image: 20120512125858.jpg]
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread