Sailormatlac 2012 Resolution Challenge
mountaingoatgreg Wrote:I realyl love the old photos you have been posting, especially the hoppers beening loaded with woodchips.

I also a gree with the comments on the Grandt Line tanks, they are far superior then the old Life-Like. I know Walthers sold a tank set that you could modify as needed but it is discontinued. They also do have a oil distributor but the tanks need some reworking, the flanges are way to oversized.

The sign is great and the building looks to be pretty interesting too.

Keep up the great work!!

Greg, this hobby is all about sharing. I've just received a few Rix vertical oil tanks for the club layout, I'll see if they could fit there. Anyway, I've got a bunch of plastic pipes from when I installed the vacuum.

JWB: What I meant by shoebox was more in the sense of "generic" buildings as opposed to craftman architectural buildings that have too much character of their own to feel industrial spur. Legrade is just a big two-stoyer box with different add-ons and plugins corresponding to different functions. Anyway, I'm really satisfied with this building. It came out beter than I thought and it has a lot of operation potential.

Here's the completed Legrade plant without the stack and signs.

[Image: 2012-01-20001b.jpg]

And with the signs:

[Image: 2012-01-20003b.jpg]

[Image: 2012-01-20004b.jpg]

[Image: 2012-01-20006b.jpg]

[Image: 2012-01-20007b.jpg]

[Image: 2012-01-20005b.jpg]

I used open-air cattle pens. In fact, Legrade's were covered with a flat roof. The back was made from concrete block. Maybe I'll model the real prototype later. I was just trying to get the feeling of the place. I'll probably do something relatively similar to Doctorwayne's covered cattle pens. One unloading bay will probably be for two-level stock cars for pig and other small livestock.

Here's an aerial picture of the area in 1948.

[Image: 1948_LegradeMeatPacking.jpg]

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread