SP&S Free-Mo 2012 Deschutes Canyon
With a new year, 6 motnhs into my new job and living in a semi-newish living arrangment I figured I would do something old...
I have retruned to my Free-Mo modules for some revamping and what not. The first project on the block was a 45 degree module, which actually is around 46.73 degrees (don't ask I didn't build it) originally I was going to use this as part of a large Free-Mo set but as the design got more bulky the idea went by the wayside. I then worked on a shelf layout at my old house for a year or so before getting a promotion and moving to Oklahoma City.

So, with what I have learned, and relearned 35 I am going to go back to building in Free-Mo. The reasoning is as follows:
#1 I will move again...permament layouts only move well to landfills
#2 Free-Mo can be designed to be a free standing layout which you can share with your freinds in setups or in your house.
#3 Oklahoma does not have basements...having a layout you can "put away" is going to be a must
#4 I think I may be obsessed with research...but I will conduct more research to see if this is true. Thumbsup
#5 I need to complete a project so I can prove to myself I can complete a project.

With the stripped down "Redmond" 46.73 degree module I have started a project that will allow me to have a nice scenic backdrop for photos, have something to particiapte at with at Free-Mo events, and be able to complete in a realtively short amount of time. I was going to enter this in the New Years challenge but I have another project for that...

Basic Plan:
I would post a plan but it is pretty boring, 36" radius curve on a "standard" HO scale 45 degree Free-Mo module...

Concept:
Someplace between the Columbia River and South Junction Station on the Deschutes River, to model a specific place would not fit well on the limited amount of space. I am more going for the feeling of the area.

Construction:
Its all 5/8" plywood foam scenery base.

Track:
Micro Engineering Code 83, will be weathered and detailed with joint bars.

Scenery:
Sculptamold, Woodland Scenics sculpting plaster, rocks dirt, static grass, silflor tufts, other random materials

Details:
I will have a slide fence, some telegrpah lines and maybe a fisherman and a boat?

Here is what I have so far, I am using a Cheap-O digital so I apologize for the photo quality.
[Image: 100_0008.JPG]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread