Turnout control,Manual or Electric pros or con
As their is a discussion on line and dead bolt elsewhere I felt we needed a new and broader one so people can show what they use and discuss such things as versatility easiness to construct and install, cost etc. With out hijacking some ones thread. I would like to hear other people thoughts on this subject. Do you like electric or manual or other?

As I am using all electric control at this time accept for Caboose Industry's ground throws as temporary machines on Atlas and Shinohara and like switches, until I get time to install the electric ones. I have two more staging yards to build and am looking for alternative ways to control switches that are hard to reach, without knocking cars off the track.

On this yard there are a lot of switches on the back side making it hard to reach in. If I had used manual control rods there would have been a lot of knobs on the fascia making it confusing to the operators. On the electric control panel we put the push buttons on a schematic diagram of the yard, but it can still be confusing to new people. Does some one have a better idea?    

There are more turnouts to left of the control panel and behind the cars on the yard.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Robert
Modeling the Canadian National prairie region in 1959.

Messages In This Thread