Using JMRI Panel Pro for Switch Lists
I am currently developing an operating program for my Cleveland Belt Line. This fictitous line is owned an operated by the NKP & NYC serving the Cleveland Ohio area. I have not had any formal operating sessions but I have set up the necessary cards and waybills for the Carcard & Waybill System.
This thread is interesting because I have been working on a switch list program in Dedoder Pro. It is found in Panel Pro under Operations. I learned about this program when I read 2 articles by Dennis Drury in the July and October 2011 issues of the OPSig Magazine the Dispatchers Office. I have been working with it for about 2 months and while I may have some understanding of the concept I am a long way from using all of the strengths of this program. I am currently having email conversations with an individual in Houston who has been a great deal of help. However like all computer programs there are a number of different ways to do the same thing. Which means you have to tough it out on your own, and that does not even considerthe learning curve.

Is anybody out there using the program and what comments do you have

Jerry

Messages In This Thread