Layout (room) tour, with lots of photos...
A bit of progress on the large curtain wall factory, but not as I had hoped.

After a lot of tedious masking, I was finally able to paint the "concrete" structure of the large factory. I used a mixture of about 46% Floquil Grey Primer, 46% Depot Buff, and 8% of a previously-mixed orange, used on my home road reefers - mostly Floquil Reefer Orange and Trailer Train Yellow. I would have added Reefer White, but have none of that colour left in my supply of Floquil paint, so the "concrete" is a little darker than I would have preferred.

[Image: Factory........jpg]

After removing all of the masking tape, I used a stiff paintbrush to apply the drywall compound "mortar". This is easier than the "rag method", and allows for a lighter application:

[Image: CURTAIN%20WALL%20FACTORY..........%20006.jpg]

[Image: CURTAIN%20WALL%20FACTORY..........%20004.jpg]

I used an X-Acto #19 chisel blade to remove the majority of the excess mortar, then finished with a toothbrush and a wipe with a dry rag:

[Image: CURTAIN%20WALL%20FACTORY..........%20003.jpg]

[Image: CURTAIN%20WALL%20FACTORY..........%20005.jpg]

While it's not readily apparent in the last two photos above, the clean-up left the concrete with a distinctly greenish cast, more representative of newly-poured concrete than of material supposedly more than a couple of decades in place. And, equally distressing, is that the "bricks" have taken on a too-faded appearance. I'll have to hope that weathering will make things more acceptable, as this will be an expensive project to write off. Curse 35

Wayne

Messages In This Thread