"N"ew to "N" scale
After some some major headaches trying to figure out just how to cram what I wanted in HO into the "alloted space" I had for it, I decided that it was best to give up on my "limited" HO empire and just jump right into N scale. But where to begin? I've been a HO scaler since age 8 (now 45). It's all I knew. So the million dollar questions to pose to all of you follow below. Any and all responses are greatly appreciated.

What is the easiest track to work with. What code is comparable to HO code 83? (I have used Atlas code 83 in HO and really happy with the ease of use and the appearence)

DCC in N? This is the route I want to go. What's a good brand for HO. I've used the Bachman DCC in HO and was happy with it.

Rolling stock. I want to stick with R-T-R with authentic (Kadee style) couplers. (I was good with HO kits but not sure if my nimble fingers will be as good in N) Which brand do you choose and why?

I have already seen, at the local hobby shop, the multitude of pre assembled buildings available...WOW

I know I am making the right choice jumping into N. It will satisfy my operational needs without tearing down walls.

OK everyone....I'm ready for the replies.
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!

Messages In This Thread