I Want to Make this Building. Where do I start?
Ok, so:

Yes, I was intending to go with HO scale. I thought I mentioned that but apparently not.

The outline of the roof is about 20 x 40 feet, which I should have been clearer about. The footprint being so much smaller than the roof is something I like. Lots of curtilage for detailing. Yes, I used the word curtilage. Those law classes I took need to make themselves work for me somehow.

I'd taken four pictures yesterday. You know, its amazing how good the cameras in cell phones are these days:

[Image: dJXUO.jpg]

[Image: xfcLe.jpg]

[Image: XefyW.jpg]

That last one was a tough shot with the sun being right in my face.

Its the meeting house or office? of the Alexandria Seaport Foundation. If look look carefully, you'll notice its not on the dock but its actually a barge. There's a small sailboat under construction inside. They do a lot of boat building. I was planning on just eyeballing the dimensions, but their website mentions that they have patterns to make a little paper model boat as an introduction to full scale boat building. Maybe they would let someone measure their building for modeling purposes. I'll walk up this afternoon and take a look if anyone's around.

Messages In This Thread