I Want to Make this Building. Where do I start?
Radivil,
a wonderful house and a very good model building project also for beginners, I think.
- Try to make a few more shots in direct faces to all fronts and sides. Take to get a few dimensions from the house, length and width and high at markant points, also door and window dimensions.
- Make a few sketches of house of all sides and a floor plan.
- Select the material for the walls, I thank wood as preformed clap boards from North Eastern will be a good choice.
- Try to get window and door castings in right or close to original dimensions - this will save a time consuming producing by your own - and they will be very clean and even produced.
- For the roof I would use styrene and than add thin wire for simulating the rips - my ideas.
- For all other rods, poles and posts I would choice Kappler wood strips and do not forgot to model the visible poles under the roof.
- And if you find preproduced material for stairways and other needed parts so you should use it. The quality is in most cases a very good and you will get an result in a shorter time. I know these problems - You will start many projects in a hurry and than you need more and more time for finishing because you must add details and many more details. Getting a fast end will the fun hold highly.
Wish you success !
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread