I Want to Make this Building. Where do I start?
Sumpter250 Wrote:Don't know if this will help at all, but......[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
I used things like door height = 81", door width 30", and a few other clues. The drawing wasn't coming out right, so I started playing around with any possible knowable references in the photo------ came up with a 17" spacing on the roof ribs, and the rest is history.
I massaged the autocad drawing into a jpg file, and sized it so it should print out in HO scale. There is a ruler with it, that was 12"/1foot, and is scaled down with the building drawing, so hoewver it prints you can get dimensions off of it in feet and inches.
This is a very interesting structure ----- Have fun !!

I tried a save to: and then print --- comes out small, and is a blueprint, with black lines ! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I didn't forget about this! Work and the holiday got in the way (and my birthday too).

That's a solid drawing. I found a video, which I have not saved on this computer, that was shot inside and around the building. It gave some pretty interesting scaling ideas.

If I recall correctly, Autocad can export as a dxf, can't it? Its been like 12 years since I've done anything with Autocad. If it can and I gave you an email address, could I have a copy of your file?

Messages In This Thread