Extra 727 East...
I have to agree with you on that picture, Kevin.  That scene should have been shot at ground level.  I had considered painting a promontory of land jutting out into the water, but I just haven't got around to it.  I'd do it on paper first, and use photo mount to tack it to the backdrop.  Because it's so open in this area, and there's only 12" from the track to the backdrop, I'm not sure that it would work, though.  When the second level of the layout is in place, Barney won't have so much room for aerial shots.  Wink

EDIT:  With this latest re-do of this thread's photos (Nov. 30, 2018) I did replace that photo with one specifically taken as a replacement, and, to maintain continuity, also replaced the one following it (the boxcar is the same number as in the original photos, but has been re-lettered as an EG&E car, rather than a GVC.  A little later in the story, (the second photo in South Cayuga) the original GVC 1269 makes a re-appearance, but I haven't bothered trying to re-creating the same scene, as the ice car in that scene has been rebuilt and re-painted, too, so wouldn't match its earlier portrait.

Wayne

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread