Triple track curved bridge: N scale
I need to build two bridges on a curve that are triple track. Track is Peco code 55 flex. I plan on just spreading ballast over the plastic base of the spans, no cork roadbed.

One is short, around 6" in length, not a huge problem. The other is 16" in length that will have a offset center support. I plan on using 1/8" black ABS plastic for a base and custom extended length sections of Peco truss girder bridge sides (NB-38) for the upper support. Not any prize winner, it surely won't make the cover of MR.

Attached are photos of the two bridges from the side and aerial shots with the longer span with track in place. The trusses you see have not been lengthened. Nothing is attached or secured, just placed there for a overall idea what it would look like. That curved turnout is a approximate location on the short span. I'm also think since I have ample of vertical clearance of adding I beams or some type of narrow channel below. Also, that white center support will be changed due to lack of side clearance. It was a piece of 3/8" ply scrap left over from the table.

One question; will running traffic over a plastic base as what I plan be noisy w/o any cork roadbed?

Questions? Suggestions?

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread